- Meditate – There is probably no better way to clear the clutter from your mind than meditating. Try more extended meditation once a day, but you can meditate for short periods of time in a quite place at work if you need to. Try five minutes in a small conference room.
- Breathe – So very simple and effective. You can do it almost anywhere or anytime. Focus on just a few deep breaths and let your nagging and busy thoughts float away.
- Single-task – Aside from the productivity benefits, focusing on one thing at a time by definition clears your mind of everything else.
- Write it down – Almost every productivity system ever invented recommends writing down the things in your head so you they don’t keep popping into your mind.
- Be Present – Experience the now and let go of all the endless mind chatter and negative thoughts.
- Stop Worrying – All worry is unnecessary clutter.
- Filter Your Inputs – Your brain is processing the inputs whether you realize it or not. Put on headphones with soothing music or white noise (I like rain sounds). Go to a quiet room. Stop checking email, Twitter, Facebook, feeds, etc.
- Say No – Every time you add another task or commitment you add another piece of clutter to your mind. Just say no.
- Take a media break – Turn off the TV, don’t surf the net for stories or news, and ignore newspapers and magazines. Once you get past the withdrawal symptoms, the resulting peace of mind is incredible.
- Declutter your space – Decluttering your surroundings will help remove visual clutter from your mind. Less clutter just makes you feel more peaceful.
What are your favorite ways to clear your mind clutter?
Get Free Updates to The Rat Race Trap by Email here or via a reader in the top left sidebar. I would love to have you on board.
- Top 10 Ways To Stop Killing Yourself With Choices You can put effort into the perfect decision and stew...
- Top 10 Ways To Grow Your Brain How how can you start each day with a brain...
- Has Leo Babauta Lost His Freaking Mind? I have been a big fan of Leo Babauta for...
- 8 Ways to Improve Your Focus and Control Your Attention These days there may be no scarce resource more valuable...
- Top 25 Small Things You Let Ruin Your Mood For me personally, and I think for most people, it...