You can use time management and other techniques to get more things done in the same amount of time or to get the same amount done in less time. My first major attempt at personal productivity was to spend an enormous amount of time and energy (and a decent amount of money) in trying everything I could find on those methods. This is what most people who use productivity programs are after. However a much more powerful approach is to get the important things done. Ultimately when you combine the two approaches you are going to be able to get more of the important things done in less time than you previously spent getting anything done. Whew! This is a key to escaping the rat race trap.
There is a man that I will introduce you to later who has become my personal hero. I dream to do even a fraction of what he has done. I now am on my way to actually achieving that final level I describe in the previous paragraph. I am finally proving to myself that it is possible and it will be possible for you as well. It is exhilarating to actually see it start to work. I have a long, long way to go but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
It seems so strange at first and being naturally skeptical I was skeptical of all this. But I have learned to suspend disbelief and give a great many new things a try. A few of them have worked amazingly well for me and I now have personally experienced the power of this newest approach. The good news for you is that the time I wasted trying a hundred different approaches allows me to provide you a shortcut to the best approach. You get to skip all the pain of searching and trying them out yourself.
My mystery hero has accomplished the following in the last few years:
- Take up running
- Eat healthier
- Become organized and productive
- Train for and run two marathons
- Work two jobs and run double his income
- Become a vegetarian
- Complete two triathlons
- Start a blog that became one of the top 50 blogs in less than 2 years and has millions of readers a month
- Eliminate all debt
- Simplify his life
- Declutter his home
- Lose over 40 pounds
- Write and sell two successful e-books
- Write the first draft of a novel
- Quit his day job and work from home
- Start a second successful blog
- Publish a book that became an instant seller
He did this while being married and raising six kids!! I cannot even imagine all that. I have one kid and she has left home to find her own way in the world. I have been a workaholic and more or less spinning the rat wheel in the rat race for many years. I damaged my health and my mind and forgot what was really important to me all at the same time.
Tomorrow I’ll tell you more about how you too can turn it all around and escape the rat race. I’ll also reveal the mystery man and give you links to some great resources.
- 1 Plus 1 Make Eight Hundred and Eighty Six Thousand – 3 Things Necessary For Success That The School System Neglected To Teach You Note from Stephen: This is a guest article from Jonny...
- 7 Things About Me – I’ve Been Tagged Sherri at Serene Journey tagged me. What this means is...
- The Power of Small Things “I am done with great things and big things, great...
- Why the Timing of Fat Consumption May be Important high carbohydrate meal later in the day. In the other...
- 10 Useful Things To Know When Dealing With Other People Criticizing others makes you seem more intelligent and competent. People...