If you spend 60 minutes watching TV today, that is 60 minutes of your life that is gone forever. That is 60 minutes that you will never get back. When you are lying on your deathbed, will you look back and be glad you spent 60 minutes of your life watching that show?
Spend 60 minutes doing one or more of these things instead:
- Read a great book
- Take a walk in the beautiful sunshine and think about what you have
- Learn something new
- Do something totally different – something that is not you
- Talk with your partner
- Read aloud to your children
- Tell your friends how important they are to you
- Declutter your home
- Cherishing your pets
- Listening to the sounds of nature
- Work on discovering your life’s purpose
- Say 100 positive affirmations to yourself out loud
- Smiling, even a forced smile helps you think positively (interesting isn’t it?)
- Volunteer somewhere
- Go to the supermarket and buy some healthy foods
- Make a list of the good habits you are going to establish and the bad habits you are going to stop
- Read inspirational quotes
- Accomplish something you have been putting off
- Think about your values; what you must do to be happy and fulfilled
- Make a list of all your commitments and commit to eliminate every one of them that is not essential to you
- You decide, almost anything is better than TV
Don’t waste your precious life. You have so little and you’ll never get a do-over.
- Find Happiness Outside the Rat Race – Part 2 o matter where you are or what circumstances you find...
- Find Happiness Outside the Rat Race – Part 3 Whatever you give up in core needs, makes you less...
- Find Happiness Outside of the Rat Race You have little reason to escape the rat race unless...
- Find Your True Purpose What a different story people would have to tell if...
- How to Create Happiness Enhancing Goals Having the right kind of goals is a proven and...