I read a great article today that ended with the following quote:
Because while you might not have only 6 months to live, I’m here to break the news to you: you really do only have a short time to live. Whether that’s 6 months, 6 years or 60 … it’s but the blink of an eye.
The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now.
Makes you stop and think doesn’t it? Keep these things in mind:
- Within the chaos of the rat race and daily modern life it is hard to have perspective on what is important to you and what is just pressing or urgent.
- If you only had a short time to live, what would matter to you?
- Unread Email
- Television and Celebrity Junk
- All Your Material Stuff
- Your Job
- Friends (or even family members) who suck the life out of you
- How you look
- What others think
- Close Family Members
- Dear Friends
- Making a Difference
- Leaving A Part of Yourself in Others
- Fulfilling a Dream
- Actually Living
- Figure out what matters to you.
Here is something to help: What is the ONE THING in Your Life?
- Do what matters to you.
Here is something to help: Getting Your Important Things Done and The Power of Less
- You have 1440 minutes every day. Don’t waste even one of them because you will never get them back. They are gone forever.
Here is the article by Leo from which the quote at the beginning was taken: What Would You Do?