Asking yourself the right kinds of questions is a powerful tool to keep you focused on what really matters. The following are some of the questions I like to ask myself.
- Is this a strengthening decision that will create good habits or a weakening decision that will create bad habits?
- Will this take me closer to my goals or further away from my goals?
- Am I creating long term pain in return for short term gain?
- Am I happy and having fun right now?
- Am I doing what I want to do or what others (partner, family, friends, society) think I should be doing?
- Am I living my values in this moment?
- Is this the most important thing I can be doing right now?
- Will I care about this issue in 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 year, or in 10 years?
- When I’m lying on my deathbed, will I be glad I spent life’s precious minutes doing what I’m doing right now?
- What action can I take right now to move forward.
- What can I learn from this situation?
- How is this affecting the people I care about?
Do you have a question to add to the list?
Leave a comment and join the conversation.
Get Free Updates to The Rat Race Trap by Email here or via a reader in the top left sidebar. I would love to have you on board.
- 12 More Questions You Should be Asking Yourself One of my more popular articles is 12 Questions You...
- Don’t Ask Stupid Questions – Review On a plane ride yesterday I took the opportunity to...
- Make Your Dreams Real with These 10 Action Tips Yes, you can have what you want! Of course, you...
- Hold Your Goals Loosely For all of these reasons, I think it is important...
- You Cannot Choose the Wrong Path In a broad range of adult choices under the right...